Kerala is known for it’s Natural Beauty. We people call it “gods own country” because it is gifted with many beaches,lagoons hills,mountains and so on.But for a tourist coming from the west the most attractive part is Kerala’ Beaches. They want to spend their day time on the beach or in the sea enjoying the natural beauty and shielded from burning sun. In this short exposure, I would like to tell you about five most alluring beaches in Kerala.
1. Kovalam Beach – Situated in the southern part of Kerala, Kovalam is an alluring beauty spot in kerala.The vast beach area with the light house gives you satisfaction beyond words. Many kottages and home stays are available in Kovalam. Also it is near Thruvanathapuram, the capital of kerala, giving you the possibility of stay in five star hotels.
2. Varkala Beach. Varkala is a great tourist destination, Varkala has a temple which is 3500 years old.It is also close to Thiruvanathapuram,the capital of kerala.The distance is only 51 KM.The beach is again calm and beautiful. Also you can see cliffs and the sea together, which is a rare feature.
3. Cherai Beach: This is a very clean and neat beach located about 45 KM from Ernakulam city,and nearly 30 kilometers from Cochin Airport. This beach is 15 KM long. It is very calm and highly suitable for swimming. (Also life guards are everywhere on the beach to help you from drowning). This beach is a must visit for any one visiting Kerala.
4. Bakel Beach: 50 km from Mangalore Airport. This beautiful beach is one of the main attractions of northern Kerala. Bakel is a very calm village full of coconut trees. It has a very old fort called as Bakel fort. So if you go to north Kerala do not forget to visit this marvelous beach.
5. Kappadu beach: The lase where Vasco de Gama landed : That is the historic importance of this beach. The beach has witnessed many wars and fights against foreign invasion in early centuries. A must visit beach for people interested in the history of Kerala and India.