Posts Tagged back packers
Kerala is known for it’s Natural Beauty. We people call it “gods own country” because it is gifted with many beaches,lagoons hills,mountains and so on.But for a tourist coming from the west the most attractive part is Kerala’ Beaches. They want to spend their day time on the beach or in the sea enjoying the natural beauty and shielded from burning sun. In this short exposure, I would like to tell you about five most alluring beaches in Kerala.
1. Kovalam Beach – Situated in the southern part of Kerala, Kovalam is an alluring beauty spot in kerala.The vast beach area with the light house gives you satisfaction beyond words. Many kottages and home stays are available in Kovalam. Also it is near Thruvanathapuram, the capital of kerala, giving you the possibility of stay in five star hotels.
2. Varkala Beach. Varkala is a great tourist destination, Varkala has a temple which is 3500 years old.It is also close to Thiruvanathapuram,the capital of kerala.The distance is only 51 KM.The beach is again calm and beautiful. Also you can see cliffs and the sea together, which is a rare feature.
3. Cherai Beach: This is a very clean and neat beach located about 45 KM from Ernakulam city,and nearly 30 kilometers from Cochin Airport. This beach is 15 KM long. It is very calm and highly suitable for swimming. (Also life guards are everywhere on the beach to help you from drowning). This beach is a must visit for any one visiting Kerala.
4. Bakel Beach: 50 km from Mangalore Airport. This beautiful beach is one of the main attractions of northern Kerala. Bakel is a very calm village full of coconut trees. It has a very old fort called as Bakel fort. So if you go to north Kerala do not forget to visit this marvelous beach.
5. Kappadu beach: The lase where Vasco de Gama landed : That is the historic importance of this beach. The beach has witnessed many wars and fights against foreign invasion in early centuries. A must visit beach for people interested in the history of Kerala and India.
Soothing waters, relaxing sea shores, rejuvenating Ayurveda therapies and exciting recreational activities – wish to enjoy all this during your vacations in India? Travel to Kerala and you will feel like transported to some paradise. Kerala tourism has plenty of attractions that suit the desires of almost every tourist.
Visit Kerala beaches or go for Kerala Ayurveda tour packages – this divine green land is ready to refresh your mind, body and soul. Kerala beaches are frequented by adventure enthusiasts as well as peace lovers. Whether you wish to indulge in activities life parasailing, water scootering, dinghy sailing & scuba diving or wish to spend some quality time with your loved ones while collecting sea shells or watching the sunset – Kerala beaches are simply unbeatable.
Beaches in kerala are not only frequented by nature lovers or adventure sports lovers. Some of these beaches comprise of ancient monuments and temples that are of course frequented by religious minded people or history buffs. The picturesque 600 km long coastline of Kerala is dotted with beaches like:
- Alappuzha Beach
- Bekal Beach
- Beypore Beach
- Cherai Beach
- Dharmadam Island
- Ezhimala Beach
- Fort Kochi Beach
- Kappad Beach
- Kappil Beach
- Kizhunna Ezhara Beach
- Mararikulam Beach
- Padinharekara Beach
- Pallikere Beach
- Payyambalam Beach
- Shanghumugham Beach
- Somatheeram Beach
- Thangasseri Beach
- Thirumullavaram Beach
- Vallikunnu Beach
- Varkala Beach
When it comes to true relaxing holidays, another best part with Kerala beaches is that you can find numerous Ayurveda resorts along side the coastline. This ancient art/science of healing or medication is practiced in Kerala very sincerely since ages as the land here is quite rich in green ecological assets. People from far off places visit Kerala and go for these rejuvenating therapies. This is what has made Kerala a hot spot among all the travelers.
Kerala Ayurveda tour packages let you enjoy every moment of your vacations in God’s own country amidst lush greens. Plan out a tour to Kerala beaches today and book yourself in any of the beach resort. The place offers you so diverse attractions that you will fall in love with it.
Are you looking for some beach holiday but don’t want to stay in a crowded place? Than, you must visit Kerala, the southernmost state of India. This beautiful coastal state has a long shoreline of 600 kms which is dotted with some exotic beaches.
In contrast to the beaches of Goa, Kerala beaches are more tranquil and less crowded. Still some of the beaches of Kerala are virgin and yet to be explored by the vacationers. Here, is a list of some of the alluring beaches of Kerala.
Beypore Beach- Beypore is located 10 km of Kozhikode town. This beach is famous for ship building industry and fishing harbour of Kerala. Beypore is an ideal site for boat ride. Tourists can even engage themselves in fishing in company of local fishermen.
Cherai Beach – Cherai is another charming beach of Kerala.This lovely beach bordering Vypeen island is an ideal site for swimming. It is also best known for Dolphin spotting.
Kovalam beach – Kovalam is a world known beach of Kerala state. Since 1930’s, this beach has been a favourite place for European back packers. Kovalam encompasses three adjacent crescent beaches. Lighthouse, the southernmost beach is the most popular among all of them. Everyday Kovalam beach comes alive with the descend of sun, which located just 10 km from Thiruvananthapuram.
Poovar Beach – Poovar is an unspoilt and unexplored island of Kerala. It encompasses some most serene backwaters and a golden sandy beach, which opens to the sea. This beach will surely fulfill the dream of those vacationers who are seeking for some solitude.
Cherai Beach – Cherai beach is another charming beach of Kerala.This lovely beach bordering Vypeen island is ideal for swimming. It is also ideal for Dolphin spotting.
Kappad Beach – Apart from its scenic beauty, Kappad beach is famous for its history. The great sailor Vasco da Gama with his 170 men in three vessels, landed on this beach for the first time on 27th of May, 1498. This sandy stretch is studded with rock that protrudes into the sea. Another famous attraction of this beach is a 800 years old temple.
Marari Beach – Lies just 12km from Alleppey and 60 km from Cochin city, Marari Beach got its name from the local fishing village Mararikulam. It is a long sandy stretch which is dotted with swaying palms and majestic coconut groves. It is an ideal beach to be in peace and tranquility, away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Kerala Travel provides valuable information on various aspects of Kerala like its backwaters, beaches, temples, hill stations, cuisines, etc.